Today I will share with your a tool for dealing with the current situation. You might feel stress or anxiety when you look at your long to do list. But I can help you out with that, so you can move through the overwhelm and develop a habitual growth mindset. This is not a business tool, but a productivity tool. Whenever you feel overwhelm it’s got something to do with one of two things.
Take a look at your overwhelm
Either you know ABOUT a lot of stuff that needs doing.
But you don’t know HOW to do any of it.
You have ended up with a to do list that’s too big for the available working hours you’ve got.
Sometimes there’s even a mixture of both going on at the same time.
This creates feeling of overwhelm, anxiety, bad sleep, lack of self care, adrenal fatigue, mood swings, not being “in the moment”, headaches, etc.
Here’s what I suggest you do…
- Do a brain dump: pick a piece of paper and just write down all the things, all the to do’s that are taking up space in your head right now. Just write for 5-10 minutes.
- Then grab a highlighter and pick the 3 main ones. Take a good look at them.
- Out of those 3 choose the one biggest goal. This must be your 90 day goal. What is the biggest important goal for you to reach or complete or establish in the next three months? Just pick one thing that is the most important thing right now.
- Chop that big goals into 12 smaller steps. You’ve got 90 days, so that 12 weeks (plus a 6 days of delay days, for extra breathing room).
- Focus on 1 task a week for the next 12 weeks. You can split that task up into 3 smaller weekly goals. You can download a free goal planner on: https://www.photographers.coach/get-yourself-unstuck/ (the free planner is downloadable without opt-ins or anything and is available in English and in Dutch). Or you can just create your own list and get going.
- Only put stuff on your to do list that move you closer to your big goal. All else is “noise”, “clutter” and will distract you.
How to grow as an entrepreneur
Now here’s something I tell all my clients and leads:
Remember that you feeling overwhelmed isn’t a focus issue, this is a commitment issue. This is a fear issue, and unless you push past this now it’s gonna keep coming up and keep coming up. And it keeps you from being successful because if fear is stopping you from investing in something that is going to change your success/your life/your business, that same fear is gonna rear its ugly head when you get tangled up in other challenges that come with being an entrepreneur. You’re not gonna get through them, because you’re not developing a habit of pushing through fear and committing on another level. That’s what you need to go to the next level and be outrageously successful. And I would be an awful coach if I didn’t tell you that right now.
Forget everything else for now. Focus and Just. Take. Action.
Book a free discovery call with me
Let me know if you want to up your game and become outrageously successful with my help: you can book a free discovery call with me here https://www.photographers.coach/business-coach-discovery-call/.
You can also join my Crew on Facebook if you want to share your questions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/photographerscoach/